ViewSonic Launches ''Value Priced'' 7-Inch Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Think I'll pass, given the track record of the Viewsonic monitors I've owned. Every one of them has lasted about a year and a week before developing serious problems -- one of them a power problem that caused it to whine and then die, and the other (which I'm now using) now has a big white glowing spot the size of my fist. All right after the warranty expired, of course.

Good job, China.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]capt_taco[/nom]Think I'll pass, given the track record of the Viewsonic monitors I've owned. Every one of them has lasted about a year and a week before developing serious problems -- one of them a power problem that caused it to whine and then die, and the other (which I'm now using) now has a big white glowing spot the size of my fist. All right after the warranty expired, of course. Good job, China.[/citation]
fuck dude you must have really bad luck cuz ive been running the same viewsonic monitor since 2003 and havent had one problem with it.( its 1024 x 768) i bought another monitor from them a year ago and moved this one to my new fileserver. Btw the new one is 1080p and im lovin it its a HUGE difference.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I second taco. I own one but I think mine was even before 2003, I use that as a spare the damn thing won't die but has no resale value. My company uses a lot of them too and they have lasted so long they are being sold off fully functioning as we replace them with all-in-one desktops.
That doesn't mean I will buy the tablet thought. Froyo 2.2?! What gives. If you want a tablet it's got to be 3 or nothing.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
And what has China got to do with it? You went with Viewsonic because it was cheap right. You find your own US / Japanese / Korean brand, and you might find guess what - it costs a lot more and most of the production is still made in China. What's your point?

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
When I ask a store what kind of computer they have and they say Viewsonic I learn two things. A), they have a CRT monitor, (they are *that* old), and b), they don't know the difference between a CRT and a CPU.

Of course $400 will get you a better tablet than $250, duh.

antwanman12

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I work at a certain Depot the sells Office supplies and we sell their 10 inch tablet and it is HORRIBLE. The screen is laggy, it's heavy, and when you tap on the "Apps" icon, it sends you to a third-party site instead of the real android market...pass

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
to antwanman12

The G Tablet is the best bargain in the world, put a real ROM on it and it will do everything. I've been playing old classics (SNES, GBA, etc) watching video's, streaming music through my home automation system (Great remote!) tethering gps and wi-fi to my Droid and using it as a nice navigation unit. And a dozen other things. It does everything! Now if you are talking about another 10 inch Viewsonic tablet, ok, just don't dis the G Tablet!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Froyo?

No MarketPlace installed by default? So what is it... an Amazon compatible eBook? Why buy this? I'd trust a cameraless NOOK before buying this Viewbook.

Just another cheap product. Get a Transforme for $400 would make sense.

Or as someone else posted... sell a kidney.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]I would rather just spend the extra $150 and get a 10 inch Transformer.[/citation]
That's what she said.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]capt_taco[/nom]Think I'll pass, given the track record of the Viewsonic monitors I've owned. Every one of them has lasted about a year and a week before developing serious problems -- one of them a power problem that caused it to whine and then die, and the other (which I'm now using) now has a big white glowing spot the size of my fist. All right after the warranty expired, of course. Good job, China.[/citation]

Viewsonic has lasted 'forever' with me. I just gave my 17" CRT to Goodwill...that I bought in 1995 for $1200...which was a huge monitor when 13-14 was standard and 15 was big :)

Have 2 viewsonics on my desktop now. I wouldn't rank them as the best, but they were a good price and seem to be lasting.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
@capt_taco - I have a viewsonic multi-sync monitor that syncs to 15KHz so it's easily at least 20 years old and it's a rock no picture problems, nothing. The monitor I use on my main workstation is a Viewsonic and I've had it for over a year and I've had no problems with it. My first LCD monitor was a viewsonic 17 inch way back in 2000 and it's sitting in the other room as a monitor on an old dos pc. Still works there too. I think like others are saying you just have had bad luck. If you are worried about build quality check it out at the local tech store before you purchase one. I'll be taking a look at it, I don't know if I will be buying one, but I will at least take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.