Viewsonic VSD220 bypass password

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallyrolly

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Hi everyone!

I recently got a hold of a used Viewsonic VSD220 all in one Monitor/Tablet and is password protected. Is there a way to do a Factory or Hard Reset of the unit. All of the suggestions on the net involve pressing a combination of volume, plus, and or power button. This unit has only 1 (ONE) physical button, and that is the power button. All other buttons display virtually on the screen, once you have logged in. The instructions on the user's guide/manual and other websites require you to be logged in and tap menu buttons and options that are displayed virtually on the screen, and only available when logged in. The problem is, I can not log in, because of the unknown password. I don't know or have access to the associated google account; therefore I must do a hard reset. Is there a way to hard/factory reset this device without having to log in, or without a combination of buttons that this device physically don't have?

As a side note: I have tried the ADB method, but this device does not have debugging enabled and I don't see it in my computer with "adb devices" command.

Thanks beforehand to anybody with some insight into this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.