ViewSonic's Dual-Boot ViewPad Available for $599+

Status
Not open for further replies.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
nice device.. and the price is about right, but the ATOM thingy killed. I'll Pass until something with more power come out.. i hate this atom processing ovens, they cant even be called a computer for browsing or email because they even lag in that department. IT is just a dummy CPU die.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
"Will ViewSonic have problems selling a $599 to $699 tablet to a market that seems intent to only spend around $400 USD? Was the choice of adding Android 2.3 as an application instead of a separate OS a bad idea? What kind of performance issues will this type of setup bring? "

Will you come up with a thorough review of it, so we can have an idea?

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I had the first Viewsonic Viewpad 10 and compared to the W500 it's probably worth £210 (It is as it was a direct oem china copy with an extra £200 on top).

1024 x 600 - No. You cannot increase the DPI to 125% as dialog boxes fall off the screen
Atom Z670 - No
16Gb SSD - No
32Gb - Barely.

I do hope it sinks to the bottom of a volcano and Viewsonic will learn from it's idiocy.

Instead look towards the following for a MUCh better windows device and visit the 'tablet pc review forum' for information from people that use the devices.

- Acer w500
- MSI 110w
- Asus EP121 (Quite expensive though)

Thanks

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I wouldn't buy it just for the fact they basically gave me a middle finger on the gtablet and i'm waiting for devs to make updates for it..

G

What nonsense - " Users need to simply tap on the Android icon to make a seamless switch between business productivity and ultimate entertainment "

I don't really think Android is the anyway close to ultimate entertainment compared to Windows 7 and the application portfolio it holds... Very funny - its fine to make a device this innovative but they don't have to be a pimp to sell it - really really stupid...

twigai

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
I'm a jaded Gtab owner and know that Viewsonic is not a software company, so don't expect them to update anything. If it wasn't for the awesome Gtab community of android developers, I would have sold my Gtab already or given it to my older parents whom could stomach that dreadful TapNTap UI.

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]nice device.. and the price is about right, but the ATOM thingy killed. I'll Pass until something with more power come out.. i hate this atom processing ovens, they cant even be called a computer for browsing or email because they even lag in that department. IT is just a dummy CPU die.[/citation]

My thought exactly.
I would buy it in a second if it had better CPU/GPU solution: AMD or nVidia

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
This isn't dual boot. Dual boot is when you can boot into either one OS or another. running an OS as an application IS NOT dual booting! This is just an over priced Windows tablet with a crappy app running Android.

Good luck ever upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwhich, (or any other updates for that matter), on this thing.

Besides, if I want anything as a secondary OS it would be Windows, NOT Android!
Now lets have some real dual boot tablets and then I'll be interested.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Now this is what you would call creative computing. Apple, is going to copy this in about 3 years, with iOS and Lion X running at the same time, patent it, and then claim they invented something new.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Im really surprised this wasn't touted for what it really is.

This is the first Blue Stacks X86 android device, and hopefully blue stacks will be released for testing soon. This is the most newsworthy thing about this systems release. Why not do another article about blue stacks instead as its a project that's actually somewhat newsworthy?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Im really surprised this wasn't touted for what it really is. This is the first Blue Stacks X86 android device, and hopefully blue stacks will be released for testing soon. This is the most newsworthy thing about this systems release. Why not do another article about blue stacks instead as its a project that's actually somewhat newsworthy?[/citation]
Why, indeed. Maybe cause it's not iOS / iPhone related? This project has been going on for a few months, at least, and now that there is an actual device that deploys it, no review available on this REVIEWS site!
But, at least we all know when to get in line for the next iPhone or that some LTE equipment was spotted in some Apple store (move over, Elvis!).

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Im really surprised this wasn't touted for what it really is. This is the first Blue Stacks X86 android device, and hopefully blue stacks will be released for testing soon. This is the most newsworthy thing about this systems release. Why not do another article about blue stacks instead as its a project that's actually somewhat newsworthy?[/citation]
Agreed. It needs it's own article it's a very interesting piece of software.

G

you are all unsatisfied twats that want blood out of a stone... If you dont like it dont buy it and dont moan about it... it is what is and for some people its ideal... for what it does as well as cost.

GadgetMan...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.