a vintage 4-pin
wiring schematic to
1/4 mono
With a replacement microphone cord
Am radio - workman MIL 10
Has 5 tiny wires plus ground/shield
Red, Black, White, Blue, White
Need help. Thank you.
I've been watching YouTube videos to try and figure it out myself.
Thanks.

There is a good chance your "vintage" microphone needs some form of power over other wires, and is compatible only with the equipment it came with.

If you post pictures of what you have, with clear markings / labels, some old geez might be able to help.

meredithfuzia

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

meredithfuzia

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

meredithfuzia

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from meredithfuzia : "Vintage 4-pin wiring schematic to 1/4 mono: Help Needed"

Need Advice on how to:
Vintage 4-pin wiring schematic to
1/4 mono
That's what Radio Shack employee told me I needed to do.
I have a Fen-tone Dynamic Microphone Stock # F86/1861 that did not come with a cable wire to connect to a speaker. It has a 4-pin male. Have been watching YouTube and researching on internet to try to figure out how to diy microphone cord.
Have all the parts: Ham/CB/audio 4-pin female mic connector. Replacement MIC Cord...am Radio - Workman MIL 10. It came with Neutrik 1/4 mono connector.
I put picks on Imgur.com under the same title as above.
Here's what I've done:
Cable has 5 small wires and ground inside. Red, Black, White, Blue, Yellow, and shield/ground. I clipped the yellow off. Twisted the blue and ground together. For the back side PIN numbers I soldered Red to 1. White to 4. 2 to Blue/Ground. 3 to Black. Got that all put back together. How should I wire the other side to the Mono 1/4 Neutrik plug?
Please advise! Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Pictures of wires, etc. on Imgur.com
Under title:
Vintage 4-pin wiring schematic to
1/4 Mono.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS