Solved! Vintage receiver to receiver

Aug 21, 2019
Grundig made some receivers in the 60's and 70's that had short wave radio as well. These receivers only had the speaker wire terminals as an output. The do have input for a phono or tapes. I want to use this receiver as another input to my Marantz 2252 receiver so I can use it to listen to the short wave. So similar to a separate cassette tape player, or record player, I want to connect the Grundig to the Marantz 2252, select the input, and listen to it though my primary system. How do I do that?

Solution
The converter takes care of all that. The power of the Marantz is irrelevant.
You do want to make sure that the volume control of the Grundig isn't set high enough to overload the input of the Marantz. Start with the controls on the converter all the way up (if it has controls) & the Marantz volume control where you usually leave it. Turn the Grundig up until the volume is the way it usually on other sources. Leave the Grundig control alone and use the Marantz control.
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. So on the Scosche loc80, I connect the red and white wire to the speaker terminal on the Grundig (no output on this reciever, only speaker connections), and then use an RCA cable like normal to connect it to an input on the Marantz 2252? Thanks again.
Also, the Grundig is 10 watts per channel into 4-5Ω speakers. Any problem using the Grundig as input into the Marantz 2252 52 watts per channel into 8Ω ???

Last edited:
The converter takes care of all that. The power of the Marantz is irrelevant.
You do want to make sure that the volume control of the Grundig isn't set high enough to overload the input of the Marantz. Start with the controls on the converter all the way up (if it has controls) & the Marantz volume control where you usually leave it. Turn the Grundig up until the volume is the way it usually on other sources. Leave the Grundig control alone and use the Marantz control.

Solution