Virtual keyboard repeater ?

traduscava

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2004
Is there a free program that acts as a virtual keyboard? A program that could, say, press Ctrl-V, down arrow, Ctrl-V, 17,292 times, with a little delay between each command?

I'm working on an ill-conceived MS Access database at an architecture firm that didn't plan ahead. As a result, we have to enter in thousands of costs manually. None of us are programmers, and we can't ask the software company that wrote the database to help us.

We also considered using the drinking bird that Homer Simpson used to press the "Y" button (episode "King-sized Homer").

Thanks!
Scott Waddell

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Why would you want to hit Ctrl-V, down arrow over and over? If it's to enter the same number in a bunch of fields then just use Excel to make a column 17,292 rows high with the same number (piece of cake even if you don't know Excel) and copy and paste the whole thing at once (I think it should work, I don't have Access here to test). If it's to enter a bunch of different numbers then I would start learning Access. :cool:
But that's just me.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. -Bertrand Russell