McKennan McCall

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
The last thing I need is another "Shick Hydro" ad pretending to be part of the webpage...This adware is preventing me from downloading anti-malware. I downloaded the installer on a flash drive, but this virus is also preventing me from installing it. When I try to run the installer, it closes after it "Initializes" it...I'm stuck, I have no clue what to do.

Keep in mind:

Can't go to anti-malware producing sites. (Says, "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.")

Can't install the anti-malware through USB

I can't stand these fu**ing Shick Hydro ads any longer...

Solution
If you can boot into safe mode with networking, download and run Combofix. Doesn't work with Windows 10 though if you have it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

McKennan McCall

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Buddy, I've tried everything..It makes adwcleaner tell me that it's database is corrupt, and to reinstall it..I've done it, but it continues...

R_1

Estimable
Herald
if you can't boot into windows safe mode, download a copy of puppy linux(or any other live linux distro) and put it on usb. reboot and boot off of the USB drive.
puppy is small and fast and always a clean environment when you need one. using puppy you can go to the online scanners and clean the drive. it also has a virus scanner installed you can use. just download the updates.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-slacko-6.3.0/ choose 32 bit or 64 bit
http://puppylinux.org/main/Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm

use as last resort, if nothing else at all works.

FALC0N

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
The last thing I need is another "Shick Hydro" ad pretending to be part of the webpage............I can't stand these fu**ing Shick Hydro ads any longer...

It's not clear to me if your really worried about the malware, or just have a personal grudge against Shick Hydro.

The solution to your problem is Hitman Pro. It doesn't need to install to run, in part to deal with infections like yours. It's a pay program, but has a fully functional 30 trial. You MIGHT have to download it on another machine and transfer it, if your malware is really blocking AV site, but this one should do the job.

McKennan McCall

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Nope. "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." And no I'm really worried about the malware. It infects my Steam store too...

McKennan McCall

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

No it's me. It's infected on my Steam store too. Even on this website. Right now, the dumbass Shick Hydro commercial is playing. I recently found out these videos are playing on the JW player so..

McKennan McCall

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Oh my god you have no idea... Almost every website had that same stupid ad, with the same stupid music, and there was no way to pause, mute, or close the ad...

NHEngineer

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Hey BadActor, It worked slicker than snot on a brass door knob. I'm using SeaMonkey on Windows 7 and, out of the blue, it started doing weird things. I tried to go to AVG but I got the "The WEB page cannot be opened .........."

Following you advise I rebooted in safe/network mode and tried the link above. I got a proxy server error but I don't use a proxy so I went to Edit-Preferences-Advanced-Proxies and it was checked for some reason. I unchecked it, downloaded and ran combofix. That took about 15 minutes to complete and now I'm golden. Thank you. I can't believe how many files combofix deleted.

Thank you for sharing.