Virus on Galaxy s7

Jeff Breiner

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
I think i have a virus in my Galaxy s7. Or atleast i think it's a virus seeing as it wasn't there when i got the phone, i haven't updated the os since purchasing it, and it just appeared on my phone one day. When it first appeared, it forcefully turned on alert notifications for every single app on my phone (too me an hour to turn them back off) and every now and then it randomly opens up and starts deleting Bluetooth device from my phone, causing me to have to pair them back to my phone manually. Worst part is that i can't figure how to get rid of it. I can't drag the app icon to the trash bin icon like i can with other apps. The app name is smartThings. Anyone have any idea how to get rid of this thing?

Solution
Well, "smartthings" is a Samsung line of IOT (internet of things). You wouldn't have had to update your OS, the Samsung apps will update themselves. Even if you can't uninstall you may be able to disable the app. So it might be a virus or just a badly implemented Samsung app.

kanewolf

Judicious
Well, "smartthings" is a Samsung line of IOT (internet of things). You wouldn't have had to update your OS, the Samsung apps will update themselves. Even if you can't uninstall you may be able to disable the app. So it might be a virus or just a badly implemented Samsung app.

Solution