Vizio 65-inch P-Series Quantum PQ65-F1 Review: Quantum Dots and Sizzling Backlight

Nov 5, 2018
How can you even suggest to go with the Samsung Q8 for more money when there is no comparison?
The Quantum has double the contrast with local dimming coming close to the Q9 and also double the SDR and HDR brightness than the Q8.
Not to mention the Q8 has something like 60 zones to 192 of the Quantum.
I own right now the P75F1 120 zones that has better blacks and minimal blooming than the Q8 for less the price.
The Q9 is almost double the Quantum withe similar specs.
It's a no brainer!!
All LG LCD tv's can't even touch the PF1 series let alone the Quantum.
LG LCD tv's are over priced like the Samsung and have horrible blacks and vertcal blooming.
It's about time someone takes out the over priced and over rated Sony, Samsung and LG, which I have owned all 3 2017 and 2018 models.
This years Vizio is the clear winner for half the price among it's competitors!

Nov 5, 2018
My only delema is that I just purchased the P75F1 for 2500.00 Canadian on sale at Costco and they just introduced the P Quantum series for 2999.00 Canadian.
I know if I wait, the price will drop, and do I get the Quantum instead!
The P75 has great blacks and is great for night time watching with all lights off, and especially movies with dark scenes look great.
If you raise the color to about 80, the colors become even more alive.
There is very minimal haloing unlike the bad blooming the Sony 900E and F have for the same price as the P75.
We know all tv's have issues, just which ones are you willing to except.
OLEDS are great for blacks but some have bad DSE or banding, and get "BURN IN" , who wants to tip toe with there investment like OLED on being careful how long you watch something, you might as well throw your money away.
There is no perfect tv!
Just pick the best bang for your dollar tv with the issues you are willing to deal with!

Dec 7, 2018
Very poor review and it goes against what the real experts are saying. When you claim that the q8fn is a better choice that proves that you dont know what you are talking about.