Vizio D500i-b1 horizontal lines

andrew_212

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
So i seem to have a issue with my tv. I picked it up for free knowing it had issues, owner just wanted it gone. So basically the problem is there are horizontal lines across the screen black and green some red in there somewhere. I think its a bad lcd but it could also be the T-Con board. Usually with a bad lcd twisting and turning and playing with the conectors usually does something with it but it did nothing. Didn’t make it worse or better, so I ordered a t-con board and I’m hoping for the best. Mind you I only paid $6usd for the board so if it doesn’t work then it’s not too bad of a loss.

So my question to everyone is what do you think is wrong with it? I haven’t put the board in yet because I’m waiting for it to come in the mail. Thank you guys in advanced

andrew_212

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from andrew_212 : "Vizio D500i-B1 horizontal lines"

So i seem to have a issue with my tv. I picked it up for free knowing it had issues, owner just wanted it gone. So basically the problem is there are horizontal lines across the screen black and green some red in there somewhere. I think its a bad lcd but it could also be the T-Con board. Usually with a bad lcd twisting and turning and playing with the conectors usually does something with it but it did nothing. Didn’t make it worse or better, so I ordered a t-con board and I’m hoping for the best. Mind you I only paid $6usd for the board so if it doesn’t work then it’s not too bad of a loss.

So my question to everyone is what do you think is wrong with it? I haven’t put the board in yet because I’m waiting for it to come in the mail. Thank you guys in advanced

andrew_212

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

I have done that and it did nothing, but the horizontal lines barely make it across the screen and some of them flicker so who knows. The part is coming in tomorrow so I’ll post what happens