Question Vizio D55-D2 troubleshoot Amazon paid channels

May 4, 2019
Purchased this model used. Using factory remote. Correctly connected to my wifi. I see that YAHOO is my app store. Previous owner removed his account before selling to me.
My V Option lists TV's apps and an Amazon Instant Video app is included and my account shows up there, but Visio or is it the installed app on TV that wont recognize my HBO channel paid through my Amazon Prime?

Further, I get stuck as I trouble shooting through Tom's check list on getting Vizio updates for my smart TV. I find my version under SYSTEM menu: V2.1.18.0888_143. There is NOT an option called check for updates anywhere, however. I do see Service Reset and Service Check as the last two items under SYSTEM. Choosing YES for Service Check offers no change from this screen that I know of and; until I understand the ramifications of Service Reset, I'm not inclined to choose YES on that one. is my Vizio to old to access updates the way Tom suggests?

You can find out what the most current update for the TV is through Vizio support, there may not be anything newer. You also did not say exactly what the issue is with the TV. How did you try to setup HBO and exactly what messages/errors did you get?

I am pretty sure the HBO in Amazon is not linked to your HBO cable account, for that you would need to use HBO GO app. I don't remember exactly but pretty sure I could not get HBO setup to run through Amazon Prime.