Vizio Unveils 58-inch, 2560x1080 21x9 Wide HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
Good job, Kevin. You've finally posted an article that is informative, to the point, has no obvious grammar or spelling problems, and isn't misleading or biased. First one of yours I've seen in the years I've been reading Tom's Hardware.

zaam

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I hope this gets rid of the black lines. I hate having to crop or resize my movies just to get rid of those darn things.

muharizj

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
wow the 72inch 3D HDTV is cheaper than what i had to pay for an outdated 42inch philips in my country - LOLZ - you boys in the 'States are spoiled!

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]muharizj[/nom]wow the 72inch 3D HDTV is cheaper than what i had to pay for an outdated 42inch philips in my country - LOLZ - you boys in the 'States are spoiled![/citation]

That is an exceptional price for a 72: LCD. I would expect it to be more like $13,499.

retirepresident

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]i want one....[/citation]

You right we are TOO TOO SPOIL But the GOOD TIMES are OVER. Why? Because we don't know how to save are money. I hope this will teach us a good lesson.

retirepresident

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]muharizj[/nom]wow the 72inch 3D HDTV is cheaper than what i had to pay for an outdated 42inch philips in my country - LOLZ - you boys in the 'States are spoiled![/citation]

Sorry,micky_lund this was for muharizj.

You right we are TOO TOO SPOIL But the GOOD TIMES are OVER. Why? Because we don't know how to save are money. I hope this will teach us a good lesson.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]retirepresident[/nom]Sorry,micky_lund this was for muharizj.You right we are TOO TOO SPOIL But the GOOD TIMES are OVER. Why? Because we don't know how to save are money. I hope this will teach us a good lesson.[/citation]

I hat- love to be a grammar nazi: Another issue with the US is educational failings.

"our" money.

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
1) Those are surprisingly good prices and specs for those TV sets.

2) After all this time, why do we still have so many video aspect ratios and resolutions? I mean, most TVs are 16:9 yet films are 2.35:1 - you would think that by now one would've changed to accommodate the other, right? Because of stuff like that, we have letter-boxing, pillar-boxing, window-boxing, image stretching, upscaling, downscaling, and all sorts of other image manipulations. Back in the 4:3 days, everything just 'fit' on the screen like it was supposed to, and we didn't have ~20% of our screens going to waste in every other video. I realize that having options in our displays is going to create some circumstances where not everything works perfectly, but what we have now is getting ridiculous.

3) Why all the hate for vertical resolution? I know this set is for movie viewing in particular, but it seems all video displays are needlessly getting rid of vertical resolution. Vertical space is great for viewing and typing text. I use a 1600x1200 monitor and I'd miss those 120 vertical pixels :(

G

At least with the VIZIO name, we all know that we'll see these models soon enough at our local Walmart and to top it off, it won't be too long before the price becomes more affordable too. :)

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]dtemple[/nom]Good job, Kevin. You've finally posted an article that is informative, to the point, has no obvious grammar or spelling problems, and isn't misleading or biased. First one of yours I've seen in the years I've been reading Tom's Hardware.[/citation]

Look at the title of the article its says Visio. EPIC FAIL!

p.s its pretty obvious.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
OMG I love Vizio. I don't have a TV of their's but compared to many companies in this current economic environment Vizio was able to rise from a cheapo brand TV to a huge influence. I just love how they are now a major television manufacturer even though they haven't been around for nearly as long as Samsung or LG. WOW, their growth and rising popularity and innovation for a price we can (usually) all afford is stunning. I've got to hand it to them, they have a damn good company going! Cheers to them!

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]I hat- love to be a grammar nazi: Another issue with the US is educational failings."our" money.[/citation]

sorry to point this out but...

should be "US's education" (possessive - not contraction)

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I won't care about "3DHD HDTV" (Three-Dimensional High-Definition High-Definition Television?)until I don't need to wear (and lose) stupid glasses.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
To the writer of the article... You use "massive" to describe the 72" HDTV yet use the word "Whopping" to describe its $3,499 price tag. There must be a disconnect or something because $3,499 for this kind of technology and size sounds like a great deal.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
To the writer of the article... You use "massive" to describe the 72" HDTV yet use the word "Whopping" to describe its $3,499 price tag. There must be a disconnect or something because $3,499 for this kind of technology and size sounds like a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.