Voltage converter for trip to France?

Bilou

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hello,
Do I need to bring a voltage converter with me on a trip to France? I am bringing an Acer 7741g-6426 laptop and also a battery charger for my little Panasonic point and shoot digital camera. Someone told me that the newer laptops have a built in converter, but I am not sure about that at all. I have a converter already, a leftover from my last trip 5-6 years ago but it is really heavy and so I don't want to bring it unnecessarily.
Thanks!

Solution

Hi :)

That sticker means the CHARGER and LAPTOP will run at ANY voltage BETWEEN 110 and 240.... SO YOU WILL BE FINE....

Just get a 2 round pin lead to plug into your charger when in France...

All the best Brett :)

Bilou

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

I am coming from the USA (110-120).
Battery charger says: Input 110-240, Output 4.2 v, guess it is OK for France then, but how about the laptop?

Hi :)

That sticker means the CHARGER and LAPTOP will run at ANY voltage BETWEEN 110 and 240.... SO YOU WILL BE FINE....

Just get a 2 round pin lead to plug into your charger when in France...

All the best Brett :)

Solution

Bilou

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010

Actually when I spoke of the charger I was talking about the charger for my digital camera as mentioned in the original post but I just checked the charger for the laptop and it too is listed Input 110 to 240 so I guess it's all good. Thanks for your reply that answers my question...one less thing to worry about. :wahoo:
Thanks again,
Bill