Volume not adjustable

poopss

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
So I have a wireless headset, and the volume wheel on it isn't making the volume go up or down. When I use the volume slider on my desktop, it doesn't do anything either. Anything above 1, and the volume is full blast. 0 is off, obviously. No in between. It worked fine forever, and it's relatively new, so I don't think it's broken. Volume slider on the desktop works fine when I disable the headset. Any ideas?? It's driving me insane. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.

Lutfij

Splendid
It'd help us two fold if we could learn of your full system's specs, your OS and the audio equipment you're working with. It's possible that the drivers for the headset may need an update or that they themselves are in need of a firmware update. Without the information asked it's (kind of) all up to guess work as to what's happening with your headset+audio experience.

Can you also state when was the last time it worked? As you've stated it worked fine forever.

poopss

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

I just noticed it not working today. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, AMD FX 9370 CPU, ASUS STRIX GTX 970, 8GB RAM, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX mobo. Headset is Turtle Beach Earforce 450... Realtek audio drivers... I uninstalled the drivers for the headset and reinstalled them, twice.. :/

Thanks for the response! :D

poopss

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015

It's wireless, and the receiver is USB :/