VOTW: Texting Girl Trips Right into Mall Fountain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Reminds me of the girl who fell down the open manhole cover in New York City. Yes there were cones and warning signs up, but she nonetheless managed to fall straight down into the sewer while looking at her phone texting.[/citation]
Man it takes some serious concentration to completely ignore peripheral vision cues and do these things :/

XReflection

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
To the people that say its fake because of her lifted leg, it just looks like she interpreted the edge of the fountain as a step or something (via periph vision). Looks real to me..

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
the mall this took place at is about a mile down the road from where i live...so naturally everyone was watching the video and talking about it

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
If you must text and walk, then why not use a txt-while-you-walk app where it activates the rear camera and you text over the top?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]rhangman[/nom]If you must text and walk, then why not use a txt-while-you-walk app where it activates the rear camera and you text over the top?[/citation]

where?

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
"i just can't wait to try out these new bathing suits" wham. funny though nobody seems to notice specially the couple that just turned right a few seconds before she dived in.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]mrpijey[/nom]Isn't the common consensus that women multitask better than men? Apparently they don't.... .I wonder if she explained to her friend she was texting why she stopped texting all of a sudden... .[/citation]
If anybody thinks it's only women who do this, I'll be the first to admit that I myself have not only tripped while texting (Last monday, no less!) while walking some stairs at school. Not only did I trip on the stairs, I sprained my ankle, too. If that wasn't bad enough, I did message the friend I was texting to tell them of my stupidity.

It's uber stupid, uber painful, and uber hilarious!

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]cykro[/nom]Fake.She lifts up her leg just before she hits the fountain.If she was unaware of the obstacle both her legs would be on ground level.[/citation]

I tend to agree. Granted this video isn't a smooth 30FPS (there's obvious stutter) but it looks like she placed her knee on the ledge and her foot was sticking out behind her (shin was horizontal). That doesn't seem like someone actually tripping into the fountain.

I suspect it's staged.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Doesn't look fake at all. You're staring at it TOO hard, trying rationalize every detail of her motion.

It's like saying,"That running back just ran right into the pile and got tackled. Why didn't he just cut to the right? There was a huge hole in the defense right there. He must have wanted to get tackled. This game is rigged."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS