VR headset for 360 videos on PC

MiniTitan

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone! I am looking for a cheap VR headset for PC that allows me to watch 360 videos on youtube. That's it. No games or anything else, just 360 videos. (My phone is really bad and I can't use any of the vr headsets for phones)
Here are my specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4.0 GB
RAM 8.0 GB
PS: I can't afford the vive or oculus
Have a nice day!

Solution
Nothing out right now fits the bill for what you want. Microsoft is about to flood the market in a few months with cheap(er) headset, though, so get one of those.

Ignore the "mixed reality" bull marketing. They are just less expensive (than the current options) VR headsets.

In the meantime, if your phone is an Android smartphone of virtually any type you can use a Cardboard viewer to watch 360 videos. I doubt there is an android smartphone in existence that can't play youtube videos. There's some under $10 options at Google: https://vr.google.com/cardboard/get-cardboard/

Sakkura

Distinguished
For just 360 video, I think the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift would be kind of a waste of money. They can do so much more, but they cost a lot.

I would suggest waiting a month or two for the Acer and HP "mixed-reality" headsets to launch. Those will be considerably cheaper, and likely better suited for things like 360 video.

Cromwell__

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Nothing out right now fits the bill for what you want. Microsoft is about to flood the market in a few months with cheap(er) headset, though, so get one of those.

Ignore the "mixed reality" bull marketing. They are just less expensive (than the current options) VR headsets.

In the meantime, if your phone is an Android smartphone of virtually any type you can use a Cardboard viewer to watch 360 videos. I doubt there is an android smartphone in existence that can't play youtube videos. There's some under $10 options at Google: https://vr.google.com/cardboard/get-cardboard/

Solution