Vue 8 and ATI 5 Series

thecolorcute

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
This may not be the right place to ask, but for those of you who use e-on Software's Vue 8 (xStream, Infinite, etc.), do you know when and if they plan to release drivers for ATI 5 Series cards (like a 5870, for example). I have two XFX 5870s in Crossfire and Vue 8 does not run well on them at all. Scenes won't render to screen. I have constant video memory issues -- objects will become little black boxes because Vue can't consolidate the 5870's on-board memory. You'd think over $800 worth of graphics power would be able to handle it, but I suppose not, because e-on has neglected to release drivers for one of the more popular card series. My 8800GT ran Vue 8 better than these two $400 cards. If e-on released drivers these cards would blow through Vue.

Sorry...I'm ranting >.<

But when you pay $1,500 for a piece software you expect it to provide support for one of the most popular card series.

Does anybody know if they plan to release drivers for the ATI 5 Series cards?

Thanks!! :)

nitro912gr

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
As it seems they have some issues with ATI cards, because the openGL drivers from ATI, are more or less... garbage... My 4850 is the reason that my vue 8 crash all the time and after checking the forums, all ATI users are in trouble.

The best thing you can do is to get an nVidia, or if you can afford it, a quadro card from model FX3800 and above.
They may seem slower cards, but they do things that gaming cards can not, and they are optimized to work with multiview rendering.