Vuzix's 3D Headgear Creates Virtual 75-inch Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]faazrahxe[/nom]I wonder if the resolution is 720p native or not.[/citation]

[citation][nom]alchemy69[/nom]"support resolutions of up to 1280 x 720" is meaningless drivel. The screens are 852 x 480[/citation]

When they get true HD with HDMI connections and a price under $300 I might be in. If they don't make me sick or give me a migraine!

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
What is this a sales pitch? Please give more accurate specs. Don't give me the manufactures lie of "support resolutions of up to 1280 x 720" when the true resolution of the screens per the manufactures link is "Twin high-resolution 852 x 480 LCD displays"

masterbinky

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
I fail to see why OLED can't be used, or used more effectively. They really fit the application perfectly, they are their light source (which is why most HMD (head mounted displays) are large and bulky) , OLEDs can easily have high density to make for a high resolution per eye, the major problem with OLEDS is manufacturing them in large panels WHICH AREN'T AN ISSUE for HMDS. In fact they can make the displays wrap the entire field of vision for the best 3d experience. For video games, this could revolutionize 3D. With two cameras one for each eye and some simple (eye tracking IS simple especially when you allow for a calibration) you could get feedback as to what the user was looking at and the distance the eye is trying to focus at to actively change the 3D rendering focal point to completely trick the eye removeing the aspect that strains people's eyes.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]masterbinky[/nom]I fail to see why OLED can't be used, or used more effectively. They really fit the application perfectly, they are their light source (which is why most HMD (head mounted displays) are large and bulky) , OLEDs can easily have high density to make for a high resolution per eye, the major problem with OLEDS is manufacturing them in large panels WHICH AREN'T AN ISSUE for HMDS. In fact they can make the displays wrap the entire field of vision for the best 3d experience. For video games, this could revolutionize 3D. With two cameras one for each eye and some simple (eye tracking IS simple especially when you allow for a calibration) you could get feedback as to what the user was looking at and the distance the eye is trying to focus at to actively change the 3D rendering focal point to completely trick the eye removing the aspect that strains people's eyes.[/citation]

before oleds were used in phones, they had the tech up to 1080p at 1.3 inch screens.
hell with oled glasses, i would be willing to dump my monitor for them. as i don't think i would need to ware my glasses with them.

its sad that no one will bring this tech out in a timely fashion.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Are those see through?!?! That would be irritating..

[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]Hmmmm.... let's see, $599 for this hunk of lo-res junk or $600 for Sony's 720p per eye HMZ-T1 VR headset.... let me think...[/citation]

I agree, sony's would be much better, definitely worth the extra $1.00 lol.

Now just make it 1080p per eye, and add some head tracking for the same price and we are good to go..

masterbinky

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]before oleds were used in phones, they had the tech up to 1080p at 1.3 inch screens. hell with oled glasses, i would be willing to dump my monitor for them. as i don't think i would need to ware my glasses with them.its sad that no one will bring this tech out in a timely fashion.[/citation]

If you didn't mind looking like you were wearing Night Vision/Steampunk goggles they could easily have an adjustable lens per eye that would allow you to get the correct focus and skip wearing glasses with them, you friend will just hate you when you borrow it for a second to see how it looks just like borrowing binoculars for a moment.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
I find the marketing department is doing their job making. a 2D/3D headset that supposedly offers the equivalent to watching 3D content on a 75-inch display from 10 feet away"

I can sit 5 feet away from my 1080p 42" TV, and it must be like watching a 84" TV at 10'.

And at 720p, that's not going to look all that pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.