VZW Note5 StraightTalk

Sassa88

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I just bought a Samsung Note5, brand new and never activated on VZW networks.. trying to activate on straight talk through the BYOP program.. it's not working.. I'd idk what to do or who to call.. please, please help! I have no idea how to tackle this.

Solution
To convert your phone to be usable with Straight Talk you will need 3 things.

The phones IMEI number.
An Unlock code for the phone.
A SIM card from Straight Talk.

Then follow these steps...

1. To get your IMEI number, enter *#06# into your phone’s keypad. Next, press the “Call” or “Send” button. Then write down the IMEI number that appears on the screen.

2. Call Verizon Wireless and explain to the representative that you would like to unlock your phone for use with another service provider. They may require you pay any outstanding balance to do this, and possibly an early termination fee if you are under contract. Once that is done, the representative will give you and unlock code.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you do this part, you may...
To convert your phone to be usable with Straight Talk you will need 3 things.

The phones IMEI number.
An Unlock code for the phone.
A SIM card from Straight Talk.

Then follow these steps...

1. To get your IMEI number, enter *#06# into your phone’s keypad. Next, press the “Call” or “Send” button. Then write down the IMEI number that appears on the screen.

2. Call Verizon Wireless and explain to the representative that you would like to unlock your phone for use with another service provider. They may require you pay any outstanding balance to do this, and possibly an early termination fee if you are under contract. Once that is done, the representative will give you and unlock code.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you do this part, you may want to make sure you already have your sim for Straight Talk, as otherwise you will be without phone service until you get one.

3. Restart your phone. Then press and hold the “1” and star "*" keys. If this does not work, check your phone’s user manual to see which keys to use. When prompted, enter the unlock code. The phone will then turn off.

4. Next remove your battery and current sim from the phone.

5. Contact Straight Talk and tell the representative that want to use your unlocked phone with their service.

6. Choose whatever plan you want to use with the service.

7. Insert the sim into your phone. (If you didn't get one earlier, as stated, then you will have to get them to send you one now, which can take 7-10 business days.)

8. Once the sim is installed, turn on your phone. You should now have a phone using the Straight Talk network.

Solution

srimes1

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
That process doesnt work..note 5 unlocked byop ti straitalk..Now no mobile network text mess "pending " have to xall and phone number to get texts from pending to sent. Yes that's right you have to dial a phone number to get a text message out of the pending status and no one at the straight talk or anywhere can figure this out for me