Walmart Launches Post-pay Wireless Cell Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Hmm, I just looked up my data usage on my iPhone and I have used less than 2.5GB data over the cellular network and have had this thing for 1 year and 3 months.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]wow if you have ANY data needs, ANY at all its cheaper to go elsewhere.[/citation]
+1. For $45 + $25 more for a line, this is a massive ripoff imo.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I can't stand Wal-mart, I go out of way to not shop there. Poor service, and they try to run every small store out of business with shear volume.

Avro Arrow

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Wal-Mart is the evil empire. I won't go there for any reason. If I want cheap stuff, I'll go to Costco instead. They treat their employees and customers like human beings.

G

I'll be getting my Walmart Service Monday morning. I hate Verizon.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Avro Arrow[/nom]Wal-Mart is the evil empire ... They treat their employees and customers like human beings.[/citation]
Sadly, I can attest to the employee part having worked there. It didn't used to be that way, though. Even unskilled workers could make a half-decent living there given enough time. Recent changes have made that nigh impossible.

Yeah yeah... Disgruntled former employee... Blah blah blah, right? No, not at all.

Friends I made that still work there tell me all the time that the company and stores are getting worse and worse on an almost weekly basis. There's almost no more full-time employment, benefit package cuts, pay raise cuts, and more. The company has had a plan in place for nearly a year to rid itself of the majority of it's longer-term and full-time workforce so they can replace it with unskilled new workers they can simply pay less and give less to.

That is how Walmart continues to make money. Not by buying the cheapest products, but by denying it's workforce the opportunity to actually make a living.

G

Hmmm this is contrary to an article I read 2 days ago saying the price would be the same as the Straight talk. $30 for 1000 mins, 1000 texts and 1 GB of web , for $45 you would get unlimited talk, text and web.

G

The data plan seems expensive but for most people its really not.

Ex. Most customers use less than 200MB/Month, if you can get 1GB for $40 that's five months worth for $8/Month. Because it does roll over month to month.

G

I work at Wal-Mart in the electronics department....the service problem isnt at all Wal-Marts, mine is great and as far as who get their electronics at Wal-Mart? LOTS of people, same product you can get most places and cheaper most of the time.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]Sadly, I can attest to the employee part having worked there. It didn't used to be that way, though. Even unskilled workers could make a half-decent living there given enough time. Recent changes have made that nigh impossible.Yeah yeah... Disgruntled former employee... Blah blah blah, right? No, not at all.Friends I made that still work there tell me all the time that the company and stores are getting worse and worse on an almost weekly basis. There's almost no more full-time employment, benefit package cuts, pay raise cuts, and more. The company has had a plan in place for nearly a year to rid itself of the majority of it's longer-term and full-time workforce so they can replace it with unskilled new workers they can simply pay less and give less to.That is how Walmart continues to make money. Not by buying the cheapest products, but by denying it's workforce the opportunity to actually make a living.[/citation]

hear hear and cheers bro , i worked at wally world TWICE in my life ...

once for 3 years from early 1999 to 2002 and then again in late 2005 to early 2007 in 1999 when iw as hired on , we worked around 8-10 horus a day 5 days a week overnight i was 7.85 after 6 weeks started on 6.50 and the day io was hired they hit me up on all these benifit packages , and made sure i knew about stock options , fast forward to 05 when i was hired again ,they didn;t even ask if i wanted dental insurance , and they didnt even mention the stock stuff. they started me at 7 bucks an horu and pay went up to only 7.25 after 6 weeks , after a year there the second time i was making less that what i made after 6 weeks in 99 , also wha'ts comical when i decided to go to school ,i asked for part time working 4 days a week 10 hours a day... they couldnt have been more overjoyed to cut my hours, which just felt plan odd. and they insisted i still only work 8 hours a day.

P.S. i avoid shopping at walmart these days there are cheaper alternatives (kroger, HEB) most every major grociery store has thier generic brands that cost the smae as walmarts generics , and name brands at walmart are no cheaper than they are any where else.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Ro87[/nom]I work at Wal-Mart in the electronics department....the service problem isnt at all Wal-Marts, mine is great and as far as who get their electronics at Wal-Mart? LOTS of people, same product you can get most places and cheaper most of the time.[/citation]

i call BS , there is not a single electronic device made on this planet that you cant find for a better price on the web than you can find at walmart, and a lot oft eh devices cost the same at best buy as they do at walmart , video games , game hardware,pc's , pc games, software , printers if it's tech related i can guarantee you that you can find it cheaper online than what you'd get it for at walmart.

G

"wow if you have ANY data needs, ANY at all its cheaper to go elsewhere."

Cheaper elsewhere? Verizon conveniently charges $9.99 every month for their "multimedia" phones, whereas this would give you 200MB for $10 that doesn't expire until you use it up.

I love the Walmart haters too, you don't like them shop somewhere else. Hundreds of millions of people shop there every week just for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.