wamp or xamp autoinstaller

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
hi, is it possible to create an auto installer so i can package up my website on a disk with xampp on it so when i install it installs my website and database's with all my data into the xampp or wamp install?

Solution
Your "autoinstaller" could consist of simple batch file executing setups for various parts of what you need (Apache, MySql, PHP, and your web site), and they **somehow** applying all nesessary configuration changes so that various parts can talk to each other. This could be as simple as copying couple of additional configuration files, or as "hacky" as changing registry. But you will always depend on that particular' user particular configuration in order for everything to work right (e.g. what will happen if he already has a web server running).

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009

is an intranet software for places that don't have internet

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009

Thanks, is a nice solution but it will degrade the performace of the software and the clients don't gonna be happy. it should be a way to create an autoinstaller like every other software

Your "autoinstaller" could consist of simple batch file executing setups for various parts of what you need (Apache, MySql, PHP, and your web site), and they **somehow** applying all nesessary configuration changes so that various parts can talk to each other. This could be as simple as copying couple of additional configuration files, or as "hacky" as changing registry. But you will always depend on that particular' user particular configuration in order for everything to work right (e.g. what will happen if he already has a web server running).

Solution