Want To Build Super Laptop Thoughts and Ideas?

codecrazy666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Okay, so what my goal is; is a really powerful and fast Laptop that can operate faster than most modern computers in a whole, can adapt as time goes by so it learns by itself, has a Different powersource (Aka: not plugged in by your normal computer cord), can devirus itself, and most importantly i want to be able to keep it relatively lightweight so it can be portable. I want this computer to be as fast, and powerful as possible for the purpose of seeing if i can make a better Laptop with a mind of it's own to learn as time goes by than modern computers. As I said in the Title; i wanna build a Super Laptop. I would absolutely appreciate thoughts from building it physically to programing it's entire system and other key pointers to make this happen?
No real budget at the moment because of what i'm trying to do; however due to this i will be weighing Pros and Cons of everything rather heavily. This is also a project that will no doubt take several if not many years to accomplish, which makes this all the more challenging and enjoyable.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious
Define "build".

Question #1 - Does it need to run on battery?
Question #2 - What is your target weight?

While you can build a small desktop level PC inside something like a small portable suitcase, that is not what one terms a 'laptop'.

codecrazy666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

Build as in actual acquire parts to replace components from this laptop.
Question #1 Answer: I'd like to see if i can make it NOT Require a Battery but hydrogen fuel cells if possible.
Question #2 Answer: Roughly 5 pounds if possible
Also i don't mean to make a Desktop pc that portable, i actually have an Asus Laptop that was given to me by one of my older sisters due to her breaking the screen and not wanting to repair it. *Shrug* So i'm trying to take this little Asus Laptop and see if i can turn it into something more.

codecrazy666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

I was aware of that but was curious to know if i could develop a scanning app for the computer that could help lower risks of getting a virus or bugs in general?

codecrazy666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

Not to be rude, but this is the whole point of coming to this form. To gain ideas and overall thoughts on how to do something like this from a literal Laptop Asus computer.

There are tons of products like this, from many anti-virus makers. That is what things like anti-virus programs do, they scan the computer to block and delete viruses. Nothing stopping you from writing another one if you like.

If you want to develop a 5 lb laptop with new tech, you would start with 4-8 years of engineering and computer science schooling, then get a job with a computer maker. Not sure what you are looking to get out of a forum post, there is no way to condense what you may need to do to develop a new laptop and software from scratch in a forum post, or even a single book for that matter.

So short version, go to school for tech, get a job in the industry.

USAFRet

Illustrious

"Build as in actual acquire parts to replace components from this laptop."
That's a whole different concept than what you stated originally.

"I'd like to see if i can make it NOT Require a Battery but hydrogen fuel cells if possible"
Battery or fuel cell....same thing. The dividing line is "wall power" or not wall power". i.e. "portable"

"Roughly 5 pounds if possible"
OK...if we consider 4 to 6 lbs to be "roughly 5", that covers about 1/2 the laptops sold today.

So it appears you just want to fix the currently broken Asus. So what's broken on it? Replace that part.

Solution