Want to buy a new laptop and swap in parts

G

I bought an Acer Aspire 7750G a couple of years ago. Worst computer I have ever owned. Hard drive failed within 3 months, battery failed after a year, and the replacement lasted 8 months, screen failed, random motherboard issues, randomly had mounting points in the case break off. Random blue screens and disk corruption. Enough is enough.

I want a new laptop, but I don't have a lot of money. I can pull two 4 gb RAM chips, one of the working 512 gb drives, and an i7 2630QM. There's a Radeon 6650 HD chip there too, but I think it's soldered to the motherboard. Haven't had to mess with it yet. Is there a way to buy laptops like this, with an empty cpu socket for the i7, no memory, and room for an extra drive (basically, barebones mobo, screen & speakers? I can also pull the DVD drive out, but I'm not sure if the DVD drives in laptops are swappable between mfgs?

I have not seen anyone sell empty laptop shells in a long time, don't even remember who sold them. Thing with laptops is that motherboards are not really standard shapes or sizes nor are the rest of the connectors and connector placements, they are all customized to the case.

http://www.msiwhitebook.com/

You're best bet is to either find another bad 7750G and put in your parts to make it work, or sell the parts separately and get another laptop.