want to connect 20 year old speakers to my pc .

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys i want to connect my 20years old speakers to my pc . they are the panasonic sb-ch46. Their impedance is 6 ohms and the power input is 250w for each speaker. they are two way speakers.
now i wand to know what kind of amplifier and sound card(if necessary ) would i be requiring.
Right now am using onboard audio and my mobo is asus m5a97 r 2.0

Am a complete noob for this project so i would need all of the know how

Thanks in advance :)
ps- i would like to keep its cost to the bare minimum , i just want the speakers to work , nothing else
am from india so my budget is aroun RS. 3500/- ONLY

Solution
Your $60 (google currency conversion) budget doesn't give you much to work with. A discrete stereo amp (60Wpc like a Carver TFM-6cb) generally run around $100 used if you can find them.

kanewolf

Judicious
Your current motherboard sound could drive an amplifier -- the green audio plug on the back. Finding an old used home stereo is probably the cheapest method. Just connect the PC to the aux input and the speakers to the terminals. You would be good-to-go. It won't be pretty or compact, but it would be cheap and functional.

ien2222

Distinguished
I'm not sure if you can get these two amps in India, but there is the Topping TP20 or the Lepai LP-2020A+. The Topping (at least in the US) is just slightly above your budget ~3900, but the Lepai should be within it.

The Topping is just built better than the Lepai, but the output is rather similar. If you get the Lepai, I'd suggest it's from a place that you can easily exchange defective units up to 30-60 days.

Neither will drive the speakers to loud levels, but should be more than adequate for desktop use.

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
would an av receiver be better ? i want bass and the sound should decent. atleast better than my hdtv.

My speakers are panasonic sb ch46 so i want something which can drive them loud enough