was forced into getting new cable box (comcast). have an older Sanyo dvd/vcr and even older Apex tv!

Kim Braman

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
The tv is cable ready. How do I hook up this mess. I sometimes want to record tv for later viewing but I DO NOT want to be forced into paying for dvr since I rarely use it. It was hooked up to do this before but I dont remember how to do this. Help!

Without details on the connections you have on all the equipment the simplest option is to connect the cable box to the TV with the RF or antenna out to the TV antenna input. Select either channel 3 or 4 to get the picture and sound. To record connect the audio video outs of the box to the VCR DVD recorder and connect that to the TV with audio-video connection. You will not be able to record and watch different programs since the digital cable tuner is in the box and the cable ready tuner in the TV is analog.

Kim Braman

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015

thanks for replying! I will try this. And its ok with me to not be able to watch a different channel while its recording a show. What almost always happens is that I must leave and cant watch otherwise I wouldnt bother recording it. it only lasts as long a one viewing anyway. I never keep shows like that.

Kim Braman

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015

I have coax and the color coded plug in cables. ALL colors too. typical in/out audio/video and cable/ant in/out. hope that helps