Water poured on my laptop and cant boot any more though the power is showing and

Godfrey_71

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
water poured on my laptop and cant boot any more though the power is showing and fun is running.who knows what i should do Godfrey.

serra

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Might not be dead yet. At least the power supply is working. I'd say it could still be recovered if he followed the proper procedure.

I'm thinking - the power supply did not have water spilled on it.

With the possibility it was switched on with water still on the electrical parts? Only time will tell how far back it can come.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Water damage is not covered by manufacturer's warranty. Unless you purchased their extended warranty or extended warranty from the store.

Wait until laptop is completely dried and see if it will turn on. If not, mostly likely the motherboard is damaged. You have only 2 options: buy another computer, or take it for repair. And trust me: the repairman will see the water stain once the laptop is open.

serra

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
I like the idea of putting it into a plastic bag with some desiccant bags and drying it that way.

Either way, a lot of electronics can survive a water spill, even if they were on at the time. Better water than coke or some other sugar drink.