webcam - monitoring locally with low-latency & fullscreen?

toronado

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I want to locally monitor (not broadcast) my Logitech C615 webcam on my PC or Mac in fullscreen (or a large window) with low latency.

If I use the Logitech software there is low latency but I'm limited to only a very small window.

VLC allows any size window, up to fullscreen, but there is high latency (regardless of window size).

Chris Scott 84

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
You could give a 3rd party application a try. The Logitech forums have a list of 3rd party software here: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcams/Third-Party-Software-Listing/m-p/268118

One that sticks out is a familiar software application called VLC Media Player. To get it to show full screen, select Media on the menu at the top, select Open Capture Device, select your camera under Video Device, and then Click play. See how you go with that.

VLC Media Player is available for both MAC and PC too, so if that gives the intended results then I think that will be the best bet.

toronado

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks for the link to the Logitech forums where I found the Debut Video Capture Software from DCH. This is doing what I want.

I guess you missed in my post where I mentioned that I had tried VLC but was getting high latency.

Chris Scott 84

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014

Whoops! Sorry, I did miss that. Glad you found what you were looking for though :)

TRENDING THREADS