Weird keyboard issue .. please help!

Aug 7, 2018
Hello everyone. 
first off I will start with my system specs....

Asus Rog GL502VM
Intel Quad-Core i7-6700HQ
2.6 GHz
16g ddr4
Nvidia geforce gtx 1060
6gb video memory
3 USB 3.0
windows 10

So a few months ago my keyboard randomly stopped working (nothing spilled on it) so I wasn't able to login into windows, I then used a USB connected keyboard and that wouldn't work either... (only enter response and keys will wake windows out of sleep mode) I've properly uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers needed ... did not work... ive factory restored windows twice with no resolve to the issue. The odd thing about this problem, windows on screen keyboard upon the windows login screen is also unresponsive and will not work and find in order to get any keyboard at all to function i must put windows into sleep mode and allow it to wake up and bam the keyboard works fine. I seem to have to do this everytime and not always does this work. I have a good understanding of computers but this has stumped me and I cannot find anything online about solving my issue. I have contacted asus, they want 800 to fix the issue prior to knowing what the issue is so i would like to find the root of my problem and fix this myself. Thank you so much for your time and help!!!!

Solution
Seems like you have a OS corruption. Did you reinstall your OS after recreating the bootable installer to Windows 10? If not, see if a repair install changes the issue.

On another note, see if you have any BIOS updates pending.
Aug 7, 2018
I have only factory reset the OS through windows. I will try the windows repair tonight and see what happens. I do not need a physical copy of windows 10 correct? And thank you so much for your time and the response !!