Weird laptop sound coming from laptop after starting up

Aug 19, 2018
Every time my HP Pavillion laptop has been inactive (either sleeping or switched off) and is activated again, it starts making a very loud noise as if the fan is broken. When I shake the laptop a bit, the sound eventually stops and does not return until the computer is activated again after being inactive.
Last week I had it cleaned and the fan was also replaced. However, the sound still continues.
Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Here is a link to the sound recording: https://youtu.be/u_pEQGFYPOE

Solution
Sounds as if a paper of paper, tape, or even wire, vibrating in the air flow. Comes and goes as laptop is moved about because the item in question may be moving a bit. Back and forth into the air flow.

Possibly heat related: When cold parts are touching or loose and free to move. After the laptop gets warm, things expand and get "tighter". The sound may be related to just how the laptop was sitting when that happened.

There may certainly be other thoughts as to what is causing the sound. Someone may recognize the noise exactly. Fine with me.

Overall, I would have whomever reinstalled/replaced the fan take another look.

You paid them to fix a problem and the problem is not fixed.

Sounds as if a paper of paper, tape, or even wire, vibrating in the air flow. Comes and goes as laptop is moved about because the item in question may be moving a bit. Back and forth into the air flow.

Possibly heat related: When cold parts are touching or loose and free to move. After the laptop gets warm, things expand and get "tighter". The sound may be related to just how the laptop was sitting when that happened.

There may certainly be other thoughts as to what is causing the sound. Someone may recognize the noise exactly. Fine with me.

Overall, I would have whomever reinstalled/replaced the fan take another look.

You paid them to fix a problem and the problem is not fixed.

Solution