Announcement Welcome to the Tom's Guide Community!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 29, 2020
hello, I've just joined having had my query answered already by reading the same question from another poster. His # was where the back slash should be, mine is the other way round.
Isn't it strange that some keyboards different? The keyboard I'm using is an addition to my Samsung Go2 tablet. I'm 81 years old and I make a lot of mistakes because its all new to me.

technicko

Prominent
Nov 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I visit Tom's Guide from time to time to read up on tech stuff. I'm not super knowledgeable about tech and how it works or what makes this or that particularly special. I'm just mildly tech aware.

I signed up because I had a question to ask. And I don't immerse myself in any particular social media or forums often.

So anyways, I'm a causal Apple guy who doesn't know about Mac os as he used to know about Microsoft Windows 95/XP back in the day. I use Mac computers, wish the iPod classic was back, and I use an Android phone.

TNO

Nov 11, 2020
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).

Not sure on how to start a post or thread. I tried several different area and can't find the post button to post my question.

So here is my question: What laptops available today are able to upgrade to Nvidia 3060? Or what is the necessary specification needed to look for when purchasing a laptop,

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Not sure on how to start a post or thread. I tried several different area and can't find the post button to post my question.

So here is my question: What laptops available today are able to upgrade to Nvidia 3060? Or what is the necessary specification needed to look for when purchasing a laptop,
Go to this section of the forum:

In the upper right portion of the page, click on the "Ask a question" button.

Nov 12, 2020
I am not a tech person, although I got an AA in computer science back in 1996, to prove that I could. I primarily check this site for reviews, and joined to comment on the review of the Samsung Tab 6 Lite ten inch tablet. I keep my machines till they start to fail, then shop for good mid-range replacements. In addition to the Samsung, which I just bought, I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 (two in one fifteen inch) laptop and a Moto g power phone.

Nov 18, 2020
My first phone was nokia 3310. Song walkwan series were my most loved ones. But i still own the Nokia E71 phone. It is so tough to part ways with it. The look and feel are irreplacable. 🆒

Nov 22, 2020
Hi guys

If you've been around for a while, you've probably seen me.
If you're new, you will see me.

-------------------
There are no stupid questions.
You may not get the answer you want, but you WILL get the correct answer.
if you would give the right answers then answer my question

Nov 23, 2020
Hi guys

If you've been around for a while, you've probably seen me.
If you're new, you will see me.

-------------------
There are no stupid questions.
You may not get the answer you want, but you WILL get the correct answer.
Kathy T. Thank you for that comment. I'm a tech novice and a Senior Citizen that was encouraging.

Nov 24, 2020
Hi, my name is Asin. I'm a mobile game reviewer and love writing articles about it. I hope I can share my review here.
By the way, is it okay for me to provide an external link to a different website that explains more about my thread I'm going to write later? I'm not promoting anything, it's just for review purpose. Thanks :)

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
Hi to all 😊. Happy to be aboard. I have seen Toms Guide around online and recognize toms guide as being a credible place to get answers.

Nov 29, 2020
G'day all. Am unsure whether I have a close fit with you knowledgeable folks but at age 77 am interested in tech...with zero expertise. Run Android on everything but desktop and laptop and am amazed how much faster and less trouble Android is VS clunky Windows 10.
Do not need the latest as do not run games but looking to update Galaxy Tab S from 16 Gb internal by using sd card as Internal for pretty much everything leaving bare essentials only on Internal.

Nov 30, 2020
Welcome to The Tom’s Guide Community!

We are the premiere venue of discussion for all types of tech experts and enthusiasts. We’ve set up this introductions thread so our users can get to know each other a little more.

If you’ve just registered to the site, please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

If you’re a long-time veteran of Tom’s Guide, we also encourage you to re-introduce yourself for those who might be lurking about the site.

I’ll go first: I’m Josh, one of two Assistant Community Managers for Tom’s Guide. I'm currently a level 7 Inox Brute in Gloomhaven, and a hobbyist game designer in my spare time. I'm obsessed with tech and have been building PCs since middle school (don't even think about trying to date me).
Hello,

Selfpurposed here. I joined to tell anyone about my recent works on an asusx453ma. Anyone still using or considering upgrading the laptop.

Dec 1, 2020
Hello! I'm new here but I've been obsessed with computers even though I haven't really been able to afford a good one. I have an iPhone, and a dog, and a few different consoles. It's nice to be here, and I shall enjoy being here!

Reactions: iCn2u
Dec 4, 2020
Hi all! I'm strictly an Android fan, never owned an Apple device. I tend to stay one iteration behind on the latest Android smartphone model, specifically the Note. I still have a NoteII, NoteIV and a NoteVIII. The latter was/is my favorite. I've become so accustomed to using a stylus, it would be like losing a finger without it, (I'm an avid swiper, not a tapper). So, Samsung is making a huge mistake if/when they indeed retire the Note series after the next model. If they do, surely they'll find a home for the stylus to live on. Otherwise, they may as well cut off a couple of my fingers.

Dec 11, 2020
Hey all. I was browsing the net and came across this. Was asking questions trying to find answers. Hopefully I can get some help here

Dec 15, 2020
I am bloody long winded because the group users that wanted me to join were nosy so they wanted extra info You might also find it interesting

Abroxis, new user here. So custom is to introduce one's self.

Abroxis is a breath sound mantra. Whisper
Abroxis
roxis
oxis
xis
is
s
Relaxed yet

Been long time computer nut.

First computer was a Timex Sinclair 1000.
Had Commodore 64 Adam and a lot of other computers of that time.
1st IBM Clone was Radio Shack Tandy 1000.

I build my computers my self from non proprietary parts, preferably free junk.
No overpriced Mac stuff. I can run Mac operating systems on my hackintosh systems

Now I have Windows Desktops

Motherboard MSI A320M Pro-VH Plus (MS-7B07) (2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN

OctalCore AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 3424 MHz (34.25 x 100)

Internet 1000 mbits with a Hub 2000 modem.

My computers have always being used to produce audio frequency's to play with.

Does anyone recognize a reference to 2600hz, St, Kp, tones, John Drape and kerchunk ... beep beep no comment

Now days my sound frequencies are generated for techniques like Brain Wave Entertainment We we send the brain into various Beta Alpha Theta Delta brainwave patterns for powerful meditation and hypnosis. Using the technique of Frequency following response 132 Hertz in one ear with 121 Hertz in your other your brain gradually falls into synchrony with the difference — or 11 Hz a nice relaxing alpha wave.

I also am a locksport hobbyist. Small brass puzzles get opened with magic metal wands ....lock picking may be your term😊 .Strict rules govern my group . Only your OWN personal locks may solved . Never touch locks in use. Picking Opening locks can break them resulting in locks not opening. People have died in fires when some idiot played with the lock and it later jammed.

Dec 19, 2020
Hi
Am Kiki, I love gadgets and I live technology too
Am here to learn more about technology.
First female engineer in my family🤓