What cds do I need to format a dell laptop vista inspiron 1501?

vcole10303

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I need the step by step of how to format a windows vista dell laptop Inspiron 1501. I have the cd's but don't know in what order to use them.

You shouldn't need the CD's. You can enter the recovery partition by holding down zero with the laptop off and while still holding zero, turn it on. You should then be prompted with a list to access the recovery partition. From there, follow the instructions and it will restore your laptop back to factory conditions. Keep in mind that it will wipe your entire hard drive, i.e. documents, music, etc..., so be sure to back everything up.

vcole10303

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

This was tried several times with no luck. There was no recovery partition to chose from in the list. I know that everything will be lost that was put on. Do you have any more suggestions? Thank you for responding to my question.

Alright, well, what recovery CD's do you have? Find the one that says Windows Vista on it (it should be shaded a different color than the rest). From there, insert it into the driver, power off the laptop, turn it back on and press f2 or f12 to enter the boot selection screen. From there you'll want to choose CD/DVD drive. It should be self explanatory from there. Just follow the instructions during the install.

raildog1

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

Do you still have those cd's? Mine are missing and id buy a copy from you. You can reach me at raildog1@comcast.net thanks