What do CVBS/Y, Pb, Pr RF, L, and R stand for & do on back or side of a TV?

Sep 22, 2018
I am trying to hook up my TV audio output to attach to a DAC. Do I need a cable (Toslink or Coaxial) and if so where to I plug it in on my TV. I am trying to attach a sound bar to increase my ability for a higher volume on my TV listening. The soundbar I have has a built in 3.5mm jack, and L and R plug in jacks. This TV is new and I don't get it. I also have a Pc Audio In jack on side of TV. I would appreciate some help!

Solution
The connection you describe is the component video audio input of the TV. That's of no use to you in this case. We can;t check what useful connections your mystery TV might have can we?
As mentioned above you would need an analog audio output (not common) or a headphone output to connect directly to a soundbar that only has an aux analog input.
If the TV has an optical audio output or HDMI-ARC jack then you could use a DAC or HDMI-ARC audio extractor to connect to the soundbar. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and configure the TV.

To use these inputs, your TV must have a HEADPHONE OUT jack.

Is not that complicated, basically you are matching output-to-input, and if there is no match then you need to buy some sort of converter in the middle.

Still stuck? post some clear pic of the back of the SB+TV.

The connection you describe is the component video audio input of the TV. That's of no use to you in this case. We can;t check what useful connections your mystery TV might have can we?
As mentioned above you would need an analog audio output (not common) or a headphone output to connect directly to a soundbar that only has an aux analog input.
If the TV has an optical audio output or HDMI-ARC jack then you could use a DAC or HDMI-ARC audio extractor to connect to the soundbar. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and configure the TV.

Solution