What do I need to be able to play pc games. on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcolucio

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
I have an ASUS laptop
Installed memory 6.00 GB
64-bit OS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.50GHz.
I have never done pc gaming i will like to know what is required so I can use my laptop and be able to play games on there i will like to plug in my laptop to my samsung smart tv with an HDMI cable. what else would I need?

Solution
It all depends on what specific games you would like to play.

Newer games are much more demanding and require better hardware. All games also have settings for their graphics that can be set to low med or high depending on what you can handle.

Your laptop isn't too bad, but not great either. You might be able to play some good titles at low/med settings and less demanding titles like minecraft on higher settings.

Outputting to a TV will likely reduce your frame rates because your onboard GPU is having to work harder.

Try using this to see how well you can run games: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
It all depends on what specific games you would like to play.

Newer games are much more demanding and require better hardware. All games also have settings for their graphics that can be set to low med or high depending on what you can handle.

Your laptop isn't too bad, but not great either. You might be able to play some good titles at low/med settings and less demanding titles like minecraft on higher settings.

Outputting to a TV will likely reduce your frame rates because your onboard GPU is having to work harder.

Try using this to see how well you can run games: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Solution

infamousIlusionist

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

Personally you dont really do gaming on a laptop unless its really top end. but it will handed it. Basically all you need it a mouse and some games. if you pluging into your tv you might want to have wireless mouse and keyboard(not a fan of wireless but it will do)

Short story you dont really need much , but if you want to start gaming , rather get a gaming rig and not a laptop .if you would like me to i could give you a decent gaming rig but will need your budget

Its an ok laptop for low end gaming. I wouldn't push it too hard as it only has a igp which aren't really made for game. I would get a desktop rather than getting a laptop if you want to plug it into an external source like a tv as the gpu is not that strong to output it to the tv. Also you will need a hdmi cable plug it in which not all laptops support.

Status
Not open for further replies.