What do you know about F-Prot?

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I cannot find much of anything about this anti-virus but it's what my work currently uses. I am wondering if it's decent enough to keep for the rest of the time they paid for it and then go to something good like BitDefender or something like that, or should I be worried and ignore the rest of the subscription time and get moved over as soon as possible.
Any thoughts / help would be greatly appriciated.

Solution
F-Prot is one of the oldest Names in AV's I remember using that back in the Dos Days. It lacks anti phishing or malicious URL blocking and has some quirky user interface issues but overall it is very decent if you keep it updated. There are better options out there both free and for the same price or less. I've been using Kaspersky myself 3 User licences for under $30 has been worth it as it always is in the top 5.

Ethanh100

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
According to this page, it is pretty old and outdated, hasnt been updated since 2011, which is sort of a problem. I would say just go with malwarebytes, and you dont really need to pay, I just use the free version and you can sometimes find keys online but dont count on that at all.

gbb0330

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015

F-Prot is decent, as long as you are getting regular definition updates it about as good as any other AV.

delaro

Distinguished
F-Prot is one of the oldest Names in AV's I remember using that back in the Dos Days. It lacks anti phishing or malicious URL blocking and has some quirky user interface issues but overall it is very decent if you keep it updated. There are better options out there both free and for the same price or less. I've been using Kaspersky myself 3 User licences for under $30 has been worth it as it always is in the top 5.

Solution