What games can I run with ?

Feb 12, 2018
It's been a long time since I've played games so I wanna come back to that habit.
I got an Asus X550V with 1366x768 resolution, i5-6300 HQ up to 3.2 ghz, Gtx 940mx 2Gb DDR5 and 4 GB of Ram. What games can I run with this setup ? And also: Should I upgrade to 8gb of Ram ?
I like Gta franchise,interrested a bit in Shadow of War and more like open world games but im down for everything you liked to play :D

Thank you!

Solution
Your current specs aren't too shabby, but you should definitely increase RAM capacity when you get the chance. Off the top of my head, I'd say you should have lots of interesting games to play on this ASUS - if you stay clear of the most recent AAA titles.

Bear in mind, though, that the 940MX GPU is really designed to add a bit of graphics power for productivity - it's not a gaming unit. Also, open-world games tend to be very taxing on graphics, so you can forget about GTA V. Some older versions may run OK, and this is the case with most franchises, e.g. Tomb Raider, FallOut, and Metal Gear Solid. Shadows of War should pose no problems - just make sure you have a decent internet connection.

All told, add another 4GBs of RAM and be...
Your current specs aren't too shabby, but you should definitely increase RAM capacity when you get the chance. Off the top of my head, I'd say you should have lots of interesting games to play on this ASUS - if you stay clear of the most recent AAA titles.

Bear in mind, though, that the 940MX GPU is really designed to add a bit of graphics power for productivity - it's not a gaming unit. Also, open-world games tend to be very taxing on graphics, so you can forget about GTA V. Some older versions may run OK, and this is the case with most franchises, e.g. Tomb Raider, FallOut, and Metal Gear Solid. Shadows of War should pose no problems - just make sure you have a decent internet connection.

All told, add another 4GBs of RAM and be prepared to do some adjusting in the settings menu - and you should be fine.

Happy gaming,
GreyCatz.

Solution