What hardware components in a Macbook Pro could cause it to shut off/turn off & restart when moved just slightly?

bcliles91

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Hi guys, I recently bought a Macbook Pro 17" A1297 off of eBay for a great deal.
The seller said that the hard drive was failing S.M.A.R.T. status and the battery was bad. I said to myself, "Oh not badd, I can fix those issues easily."

To my dismay, that information was FALSE. The battery holds a charge just fine and the hard drive passes S.M.A.R.T. status according to the disk utility.
{{^^Ignore this part of the story ^^}}

The main ISSUE is that the computer will be working fine and when I move it just slightly while in my lap, the damn thing will just turn off and restart!! What could cause this to happen!?

It does not appear to be an overheating issue but I am at a loss of what could be causing the problem. I replaced the battery but have not tried another hard drive. I really wanna get this pretty machine working flawlessly!

Help, Solutions, Suggestions, Tips, or Tricks are greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

-Brock

Solution
As your seller said it is a problem with the battery. Not the battery itself but the connections between the battery and the rest of the components.

asado999

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
As your seller said it is a problem with the battery. Not the battery itself but the connections between the battery and the rest of the components.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS