lukeybash123

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I need a good quality headset, which needs to be comfortable (4 hours continuous use), last long, have a good microphone and 7.1 software surround.

Solution
I've been lurking since you posted this since I was curious what people would say, but since nobody's responded I'll toss in that I absolutely love my Sennheiser PC 360 headset. It has been replaced by the G4ME ONE (http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-game-one). It just plugs into regular 3.5mm audio jacks, so when it comes to SS emulation you're stuck with whatever your motherboard's audio drivers offer, so perhaps it's not the right choice for you, though.

I wear this headset about 10 hours a day in hot or cold, and rarely do I feel the need to take them off to rest my head or ears. It's supremely comfortable, and the open aural design means your ears can breathe, and you aren't totally isolated from sounds in your...

atheus

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I've been lurking since you posted this since I was curious what people would say, but since nobody's responded I'll toss in that I absolutely love my Sennheiser PC 360 headset. It has been replaced by the G4ME ONE (http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-game-one). It just plugs into regular 3.5mm audio jacks, so when it comes to SS emulation you're stuck with whatever your motherboard's audio drivers offer, so perhaps it's not the right choice for you, though.

I wear this headset about 10 hours a day in hot or cold, and rarely do I feel the need to take them off to rest my head or ears. It's supremely comfortable, and the open aural design means your ears can breathe, and you aren't totally isolated from sounds in your environment, which is good if there are real-world sounds you can't afford to miss while you're gaming. If you prefer isolation, the G4ME ZERO does that, though I can't say how much of a difference it makes in comfort when it comes to keeping your ears cool in hot weather.

Oh, and the mic is pretty fantastic. I doubt you'll find any better mic without going with one purchased separately from headphones.

Solution