WHAT IS BEST FREE! SPYWARE REMOVAL??

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I have VERY slow internet and spu working at 50%
When i turn my internet off my cpu usage is below 10% That is definetly some spyware
I ran many virus tests and nothing found. So now i need spyware removal FOR FREE

PLZ HELP

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
A combination of programs is the best way to protect/clean yourself from spyware.

All of these programs are free and you can find them on Download.com (or google the official websites if you prefer that)

Also if you don't use a cookie/reg/etc cleaner, I would; Ccleaner.

Scan and clean spy/malware:

Super Anti Spyware
&
Malware Bytes

Now, if you want to go all out you can really mix it up, which is what I do, only because I'm paranoid since my brothers use my computer from time to time, even though I haven't found anything in about 2 years.

The mix-up.
Real-time: Adaware and Spyware Blaster [run both] (Spyware Terminator is another, but you don't want too many running at once)
Standalone scanners: (the 2 I mentioned before, Super Antispyware and Malwarebytes) AND Spybot: Search and Destroy, AND A-Squared.

SO. I would really recommend using everything I mentioned (make sure you use the free versions). If you don't want to go that crazy on it then just use Super Anti Spyware and Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes will be the most important one and will probably clean the majority of the nasty malware on your PC.

Now, the most important thing. If you don't mind a little intrusiveness and want to keep your PC clean for the future to come. Do yourself a favor and get the firefox addon (assuming you use firefox) Noscript. Noscript is the main reason I haven't found any spyware on my PC in years. I can go to virtually any website I want and be (virtually, again, hehe) free of harm.

If all else fails, reformat. :)

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
GUYS THANKS FOR REPLYS................BUT!!!...........i have found something called spy bot search and destroy which is a totally free program!!! It found my spyware and all my crap that symantec could not.......this software is amazing

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
BTW, unless your subscription is still long, ditch symantec, that company blows.

Get Avira. Free and perfect. (especially when you configure scanner and guard to scan all files)

Tehlikeli

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
malware antibytes/ super antispyware i also use hijack this and, for anti virus software microsoft security essentials, not only its free it doesnt use up resources like nod32,

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I would also give my vote to Malware Bytes as it is head and shoulders better than other anti-virus programs at actually removing detected viruses. Unfortunately it is not free but you can use it for free for 30 days, so I only install it when I really need it.

mindless728

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I haven't actually done it on either of my pc's since I installed windows 7 RC - but I know I need to as the gremlins are just creeping in more and more.

i just redid my desktop today to move from the RC to the Retail

being a computer science student i get 2 copies for free (MSDNAA)

Agatha1020

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
To remove all kind of spyware, I highly recommaned Wondershare spyware removal. If you get one to secure your pc,you're going to have a dedicated guard. Your system won’t be defeated. Your accounts won’t be stolen. More highlights for this software:

--Excellent performance to remove spyware and trojan virus and other malware
--Large and every-day-updating trojan virus library to give you latest protection
--Proactive defense and real-time system monitor kill trojan virus and spyware and other malware at the very start
--Other antivirus software compatible, being expert in trojan virus & spyware removal to eliminate your property loss

Moreover, Wondershare spyware removal is Free now - for six-month promotion! So, you can :
secure your PC system now

aford10

Distinguished
I would also give my vote to Malware Bytes as it is head and shoulders better than other anti-virus programs at actually removing detected viruses. Unfortunately it is not free but you can use it for free for 30 days, so I only install it when I really need it.

Malwarebytes is completely free. There is a full version that you can purchase. But the free version is COMPLETELY free, and is top notch!

willspears

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I have 1 good application installed on my system
Advanced System Optimizer .
-It has System Protector that protects ur system from spyware and malwares and from any kinda malicious intrusion.
-It has Registry Cleaner and Registry optimizer to tune registeries.
- Also it has Disk Optimizer to optimize the disk .
-This will also speed up ur system

and it has many more other utilities , that may help to keep ur computer optimized.
its free version is also available at cnet
Try this..

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Malwarebyte Antimalware is great.

But if the computer is really Messed up.... a good backup and clean reinstall will show a HUGE performance boost.

Also, I recommend going to start, Run, msconfig
Go to startup tab and verify the startup programs.
I would say remove anything that is pointless such as HP printer software, quickcam software.... anything that isnt antivirus, wifi or other tools you need at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.