What is interfering with my hdtv signal.

Naromy

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hello all,

I have bought a new tv (samsung ue49ks8000) and when I installed it the picture quality was great. The next day me and my dad were trying to install the tv on the wall but the screws that came with the wall mount didn't fit, so we put the tv back on the normal stand and plugged all the cables back in so I could still watch tv until I had the right screws for the mount. But when I turned the tv back on the image was all washed out and very grainy. It was like if the tv was getting a input signal of 720p. So I looked at the tv settings but they were all still the same as when I had that great picture the first time. The tv is standing on a cabinet and behind it on the cabinet I have my house phone and a wifi repeater. Later on I pulled the tv a few inches away from the wall to get a better look at the cables and suddenly the image was a lot crispier. So my first thought was that either the wifi repeater or my house phone is interfering with my tv signal but when I looked that problem up on the internet i cant really find anything about electronics that interfere with digital tv, the only thing I found was interference with 4g mobile phone network. So my question is if you guys know if those things can mess with digital tv signal or if there is anything else that can decrease the tv signal (other then bad cables) so I can get the best picture quality? Further more I have interactive tv from my provider, the receiver that I got from my provider is hooked up with a internet cable (which provides the digital tv) and is connected to my home cinema set with a quality hdmi cable and from my home cinema set to my tv, also with a quality hdmi cable.

Thanks in advanced!

InvalidError

Distinguished
Sounds like you are getting TV 'signals' from an IP-based provider instead of OTA or cable. Digital signals are pretty much all-or-nothing, there is very little incremental signal degradation in-between, it quickly goes from perfect image to no watchable signal. If you are seeing varying image quality levels, it is most likely your OTT service hopping between quality levels due to network traffic conditions or other reasons. Maybe you have a bad connection somewhere between your modem and TV that you jiggled loose while re-wiring your TV and is causing internet connection speed issues.

Naromy

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

I am connected through optic fiber with my provider and then a internet cable from the router to the receiver that I got from my provider. Maybe it was a bad connection, I don't know. Still weird :)