What is the best free antivirus software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoonface12

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
I am almost finished building my pc and am wondering what antivirus program I should use.

I will be downloading mods for Skyrim and other games that is why I need antivirus.

Solution
Best - not sure. Everyone has a different definition: fastest, smallest, needs least resources, catches more virii.

I've been running Avast for years (and AVG before that) without issue.

Avast says you need to register - but all you have to do is give something that looks like an email address (cartoon@face.12 would probably work) and is good for a year. Rinse, repeat annually.

menetlaus

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
Best - not sure. Everyone has a different definition: fastest, smallest, needs least resources, catches more virii.

I've been running Avast for years (and AVG before that) without issue.

Avast says you need to register - but all you have to do is give something that looks like an email address (cartoon@face.12 would probably work) and is good for a year. Rinse, repeat annually.

Solution

mdd1963

Distinguished

The same, quite tired, 'they all crash except the one provided by MS' response...?

How do you establish blame to whatever AV was being used at the time? (Granted, any dolt, however, *can* delete things he/she shouldn't, but, your 'venerable' response implies AV's typically crash a system)

Judah_

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.