What Is The Best Full Internet Security To Use ?

G

I would like to know your thoughts on the best Full Internet Security for 2015/16
Some of the ones I have looked at are :
Bitdefender
Kapersky
Zone Alarm
I thought zone alarm would be good because it used to give a free firewall which asked your permission to allow something to talk to the internet making me feel like i am in control (a bit) of my software ect.
I use win 7 for gaming & win10 for office use ect.

G

due to constant problems I think paid is what i need as I don't get full protection otherwise (or am I choosing the wrong freeware)(as I have been using Win Security Essentials which may not be telling me about malware internet site I browse for research ect ?)

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
I currently use Norton 360 which costs about $70/yr for a 3 machine license but can be found for about half that if you look around. It's seamless, not a lot of overhead and easy enough to configure. Been using it 3 or 4 years now and have NEVER had a problem. Naysayers will say Norton uses too much RAM, it doesn't, or that it has false alarms, not that I've seen, or that it has nags popping up, nope. There are others probably just as good but I've been satisfied with Norton.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
You can always roll your own VM and run your web browsing through there. Virus and what not will have a hard time escaping the sandbox of the VM to attack your actual machine.

Side note: whatever you do I strongly recommend using Google Chrome for your browser and installing adblocker. This should give you the best defense against random drive by infections from compromised web pages.