Solved! What is the best laptop between $3000-$4000

iChewy

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Best laptop between $3000-$4000 but price is flexible.

My friend is looking into the NEW ALIENWARE AREA-51M but for the price of $4000 USD I told him he could potentially get a better laptop for an even cheaper price. Based on your guys knowledge what do you feel is the best laptops on the market right now?

*Travels ALOT for work so only laptop options would be appreciated.

Solution

Hi there,

with that kind of budget, you have a lot of choices.

One of them which is the Clevo which has socketed hardware so more room for upgrades in the future. The stock Clevo BIOS though is very limited and causes CPU Throttling but there is a guy named Prema who makes custom BIOS for Clevos only available when you buy from Prema Partners.

HIDevolution...
I would not buy a laptop over $1,500 even for gaming. Can't upgrade them so in 3-4 years you are looking at a new system, wear and tear, less reliability than a desktop, loss, theft, dropping, spilling, etc...

Have him look at www.xoticpc.com Systems with a 1060 or 1070 should be pretty good for gaming for several years.

iChewy

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
He wants something with at least a 1080, and the reason for the post if for the highest end laptop for the price of 3k-4k ish so your post doesnt really help.

ultra_male

Prominent
Jan 17, 2019

Hi there,

with that kind of budget, you have a lot of choices.

One of them which is the Clevo which has socketed hardware so more room for upgrades in the future. The stock Clevo BIOS though is very limited and causes CPU Throttling but there is a guy named Prema who makes custom BIOS for Clevos only available when you buy from Prema Partners.

HIDevolution for example is a Prema Partner and if you buy any Clevo for them (re-branded as EVOC when they build them) then he will get the Prema BIOS with the laptop.

Here is the most powerful Clevo:

EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM1 - 17.3" FHD 144Hz / QHD 120Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - GTX 1080 / SLI 1080

or he can get the MSI GT75 Titan which is also a superb laptop. I have it since 8 months and it's been fantastic and has very good cooling:

Here the different models of the GT75 Titan, you will find the new RTX GPU models and the slightly older GTX GPU models. I'd go for the models which sport the Intel 8950HK CPU as that's the best performer with its 6 cores and max turbo boost clock up to 4.8 GHz:

MSI GT75 Titan Models

I've owned 4 laptops from HIDevolution over the past 5 years and their build quality and customer service is top notch so I highly recommend them.

Solution