What is the best way to connect a cable TV input to an RCA input?

If you mean the RF cable from your cable provider that requires a tuner. It can't just be converted to an video/audio signal. If you connect it to the TV RF input you can try it and see if you can get any channels. If the system is digital you need a QAM tuner in the TV and you would only get channels that are not encoded. Some cable providers have conversion boxes available at modest price.
If the cable system is analog you could use the tuner in a vcr.

If you mean the RF cable from your cable provider that requires a tuner. It can't just be converted to an video/audio signal. If you connect it to the TV RF input you can try it and see if you can get any channels. If the system is digital you need a QAM tuner in the TV and you would only get channels that are not encoded. Some cable providers have conversion boxes available at modest price.
If the cable system is analog you could use the tuner in a vcr.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
THEBDC Streaming Video & TVs 7
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question Connecting DVR to tv and cable box
Solved! Need help connecting HDTV, DVR, PS4 to a Sony Home Theatre system with only one HDMI OUT.
How to connect my Sony DVD player model HCD-DX150 to my new Samsung tv model UN50NU6950 using component cable green blue red
Solved! Connect roku with male hdmi to coax 75 ohm tv input (adapter)?
Solved! Connected TV to PC with HDMI to USB cable nothing
Solved! Soundbar Connect to Receiver
I connected DVD w/ red/green/blue cable to converter box to samsung smart tv via HDMI cable, picture quality terrible. No tru
Last person using tv in motel, connected a fire stick for gaming. Now the universal remote doesn’t work properly - how to f
how to gate sound output for sony projector for connect hdmi cable for laptop
Connecting a combo DVD/VCR player
Solved! Tata sky HDMI to Philips LED monitor VGA input cable how is it the work , this function connected to see what quality @ HDMI?
Im having trouble connecting my dvd to my t.v all av cables r in correctly i have no remote to change inputs and only have cha
My TV has only the cable input how do I connect a DVD player
I have a 2007 plain TV with only cable/antenna input. How can is use a USB connection to the cable/antenna input port?
i havd a dvd recorder with rca inputs i want to connect to a cable box with hdmi output
Connect indoor antenna to HDTV with only one coax input
Can I use a VGA (from laptop) to HDM1 input on TV? And does that connect both video and audio or do I need a seperate cable fo
Solved! How to connect a dvd player to component inputs with rca cables
My tv says no signal input when connected to hdmi
Solved! Do you connect input to input or input to output from several devices?

ASK THE COMMUNITY