What is the differences between <antivirus name>2017 and <antivirus name>2018?

AxeAxel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
hello I've been thinking to get antivirus for my laptop. what i wanted to ask is what is the differences between for example kaspersky internet security 2017 and kaspersky internet security 2018? Because if it is different does that mean that it will be better to get 1 year deal so I can get newer/better antivirus next year.
Thanks ! sorry for my bad English

extra question : avast premier or kaspersky internet security?

Solution

When you buy 2 or 3 year deals they will upgrade to the corresponding years versions.
Just a heads up - - over here in the UK, our government is advising us not to use Kaspersky products - - those "ruskies" may be using it to install back-door hacking software for their own nefarious activities.

I guess Donald Trump would call that "fake news" - lol

No harm in believing that particular item though - - better to be safe.

I don't believe in paying for online security software anyway - - I've been a Comodo user for years.

AxeAxel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

so it doesn't matter if it is 2017 version or 2018, 2019 etc version?

AxeAxel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

if i get 3 years deal of 2018 version of antivirus will I have outdated antivirus in my 2nd or 3rd year because Im using 2018 version antivirus in 2019 or 2020 etc.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Personally, I use the built-in Windows Defender. I also monitor how I use the 'Net and if I need to access a questionable site, I take protective measures to do so unharmed. Practicing good cyber hygiene will save you from grief better than a paid product.

When you buy 2 or 3 year deals they will upgrade to the corresponding years versions.

Solution

AxeAxel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

yeah thanks for the advice.btw I am only use free avast right now. I want to buy those antivirus for my sis and dad laptop they dont know differences between virus or not

AxeAxel

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

thanks ! that what i wanted to know all along

do you have any suggestion on which antivirus should i pick?

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Hey, appreciate the mention :)

I agree that it can be similar to model years, sometimes with brand new features, protections, UI enhancements, etc. But we're constantly making updates!

If you download an older version, it should prompt you or automatically update to the latest -- and if not, you'll want to get the latest of course. We also have streaming updates in real-time to keep your protection up to date, as well as behavorial protection (Behavior Shield) and zero-day detection (CyberCapture).

santiano

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017

I don't think it really matters as the antivirus is always updated time to time, so upgradation can be done. :)