what is the gunnar glasses and can they help me with the pc? im currently not wearing any glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeyads3

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
like the tittle says and im 13 not wearing any glasses, i have no problems with eyes, but i gotta becareful with it, will those help or will make my eyes worst ?

J-Mello

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Gunnars are used mostly by professional gamers to enchance their "visual accuracy" while playing for long periods of time.

You can usually see people wearing them on League of legends streams.
It's basically like protection for your eyes if your close to the screen and staring at the monitor intensely for long hours.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I've owned a pair of gunnar glasses for a year or so now.
When i first got them i didn't really notice a difference apart from the screen being more yellowish, after a few days how ever i noticed a lot less eye strain and i stopped noticing the screen being so yellow.
Lately i haven't been using them much for gaming as they kind of annoy me when i have headphones on even with their slim wraps.
What i still use them for is reading and browsing the net.

One thing to remember is that everyone's eyes are different so you may or may not notice anything.

zeyads3

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

i don't always game, mostly not, so it will help me in front of the pc for hours? it'll reduce the harms and future harms? so i should buy one?

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe you should read through this:
http://www.gunnars.com/what-are-gunnars/how-do-they-work/
To see if they are right for you.

Gunnar offer a 30day money back policy if you purchase them through their own website if you aren't happy with them.

zeyads3

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

thanks, i contacted them for more help.

zeyads3

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

do you have any thing more to tell me about the gunnars? would appreciate it if you helped me a little bit more

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Not really sure what else i could tell you.
It really comes down to the individual and if you can see a benefit to using them.

If all you are doing is 3d art or something that needs correct colours gunnar have their crystalline glasses that are clear and shouldn't distort colour.
For gaming or anything else i would just stick to the normal 'gaming' glasses.

Just remember they do have a break in period, so use them for a few days first before deciding whether or not they are for you.

zeyads3

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

no i just play games and browse net, but i browse more, and what do you mean by ''For gaming or anything else i would just stick to the normal 'gaming' glasses.''
and ''Just remember they do have a break in period, so use them for a few days first before deciding whether or not they are for you.'' sorry for asking you too much, but im worried about it

Status
Not open for further replies.