What is the highest spec Android tablet available?

david151

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016
I really want to buy an Android tablet as I like the amount of freedom it offers. But everything I see in terms of hardware seems to be quite under powered. I need something that has as much power as an A10X Fusion in the iPad or an intel i7 in the Surface Pro. Is there anything I can buy now, or anything up and coming?

Solution

You can just get a windows tablet and put android on it. There are many projects that have succesfully made android run on normal pc hardware. Or you can just use a surface or similar and use one of the many android app emulators.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Why would you need such a powerfull tablet? Nothing even needs that much power to run.

david151

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016

It depends what you are doing. Video editing for instance. On the iPad there are some fantastic video editing apps such as Luma Fusion, which even copes with 4k video.

david151

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016

Put the problem is it comes with a tiny hard drive and not much ram. On the Surface pro I can have 1TB hard drive and 16gb ram. Even the iPad pro has 512GB hard drive and 4gb ram.

Why is there nothing better for Android ?

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

It simply doesn't exist. These high end tablets are a new market, Android just isn't there yet. Sounds like you need a Surface Pro.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

You can just get a windows tablet and put android on it. There are many projects that have succesfully made android run on normal pc hardware. Or you can just use a surface or similar and use one of the many android app emulators.

Solution