What is the status of Windows 2003 SE and the Ipaq?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

There's no update from HP as to when their SE build is
gonna be available for DN. While toshiba has come out
with free update for the e8XX, HP might not ... though we
hope it shall be a free update.


>-----Original Message-----
>I can't find anything about it on the HP site. I have a
h5555.
>.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Only HP themselves really know when and for what devices
it will be released. You might want to read through some
of the articles in this group that have been posted before
on this same subject.



~S.







Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote in
news:MPG.1b41efeab868423798968a@news.comcast.giganews.com:

> I can't find anything about it on the HP site. I have a h5555.
>



--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
 

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
354
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Jim wrote:

> I can't find anything about it on the HP site. I have a h5555.

I was in John Lewis looking at PDA keyboards and this newbie customer
was asking the sales assistant about upgrading an iPaq to Windows 2003
SE. The sales guy didn't know what it was, this gave the newbie a great
sense of superiority until I butted in and asked what exactly he wanted
from Windows 2003 SE that was so crucial and he couldn't do with the
current version. Of course he was just looking for the latest thing and
didn't name a thing, which leads me to ask... as I don't know my self..
apart from screen rotation (which apparently requires applications to be
re-written so not very useful now) what else is new in this upgrade, and
is it worth the fuss? or is a bit like Windows 98 and Windows 98SE..
nice new logo, few bug fixes and one or two minor features?

Marc
 

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
354
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Marc wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
>> I can't find anything about it on the HP site. I have a h5555.
>
>
> I was in John Lewis looking at PDA keyboards and this newbie customer
> was asking the sales assistant about upgrading an iPaq to Windows 2003
> SE. The sales guy didn't know what it was, this gave the newbie a great
> sense of superiority until I butted in and asked what exactly he wanted
> from Windows 2003 SE that was so crucial and he couldn't do with the
> current version. Of course he was just looking for the latest thing and
> didn't name a thing, which leads me to ask... as I don't know my self..
> apart from screen rotation (which apparently requires applications to be
> re-written so not very useful now) what else is new in this upgrade, and
> is it worth the fuss? or is a bit like Windows 98 and Windows 98SE..
> nice new logo, few bug fixes and one or two minor features?
>
> Marc

http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=139 :)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Thanks for that link there is nothing I would wait for

____________________
Ann

"Marc" <no.s-p-a-m.marcus@imarc.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1087944928.11417.1@lotis.uk.clara.net...
> Marc wrote:
>
> > Jim wrote:
> >
> >> I can't find anything about it on the HP site. I have a h5555.
> >
> >
> > I was in John Lewis looking at PDA keyboards and this newbie customer
> > was asking the sales assistant about upgrading an iPaq to Windows 2003
> > SE. The sales guy didn't know what it was, this gave the newbie a great
> > sense of superiority until I butted in and asked what exactly he wanted
> > from Windows 2003 SE that was so crucial and he couldn't do with the
> > current version. Of course he was just looking for the latest thing and
> > didn't name a thing, which leads me to ask... as I don't know my self..
> > apart from screen rotation (which apparently requires applications to be
> > re-written so not very useful now) what else is new in this upgrade, and
> > is it worth the fuss? or is a bit like Windows 98 and Windows 98SE..
> > nice new logo, few bug fixes and one or two minor features?
> >
> > Marc
>
> http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=139 :)
 

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
354
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

ANDREA LOVE wrote:
> Thanks for that link there is nothing I would wait for

I think the caption that said "wow new icons" summed it up.

Marc
 

Sam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
174
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

The big thing with SE is the alarms work which don't with the first edition.

This alone I think is enough to justify wanting it.Apart from that though
all I can think of that
is that significant is the screen rotation although I believe there are
applications that will
do this anyway.


Marc <no.s-p-a-m.marcus@imarc.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1087944591.11417.0@lotis.uk.clara.net...
> Jim wrote:
>
> > I can't find anything about it on the HP site. I have a h5555.
>
> I was in John Lewis looking at PDA keyboards and this newbie customer
> was asking the sales assistant about upgrading an iPaq to Windows 2003
> SE. The sales guy didn't know what it was, this gave the newbie a great
> sense of superiority until I butted in and asked what exactly he wanted
> from Windows 2003 SE that was so crucial and he couldn't do with the
> current version. Of course he was just looking for the latest thing and
> didn't name a thing, which leads me to ask... as I don't know my self..
> apart from screen rotation (which apparently requires applications to be
> re-written so not very useful now) what else is new in this upgrade, and
> is it worth the fuss? or is a bit like Windows 98 and Windows 98SE..
> nice new logo, few bug fixes and one or two minor features?
>
> Marc
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Windows Phone 1
A Windows Phone 1
A Windows Phone 2
C Windows Phone 2
B Windows Phone 1
K Windows Phone 1
O Windows Phone 2
drjackool Windows Phone 1
H Windows Phone 1
A Windows Phone 1
1 Windows Phone 2
Mike Andronico Windows Phone 1
M Windows Phone 1
S Windows Phone 2
C Windows Phone 1
M Windows Phone 1
H Windows Phone 1
R Windows Phone 3
E Windows Phone 1
M Windows Phone 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY