what kind of foam used in headphones

nipplethewhale

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
i have a audiotechnica ath m50s and the top has practically no padding at all so it hurts to use over long periods of time. at first, i was planning to buy a wool wrap for headsets but was deterred by price.
http://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Replacement-Protector/dp/B00L61YYXQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1426403284&sr=8-6&keywords=wool+headset+headband
now, im just gonna get what ever foam that headsets use on top and just wrap it on top. the thing is that idk what type of foam is. please help.

Solution
Low density foam sponge is generally what they use. If it's the top that's bothering you, I'd just get a low density foam cleaning sponge, available at any hardware store or Walmart, cut it to size and attach it using a spray adhesive on one side, or wrap electrical or duct tape around the ends to secure it. You could also get one of those padded units they sell at the auto parts stores for installing over the seatbelts to make them less bothersome and cut that down to the size you need it to be. It would wrap right around the headphone band and velco together on top.
Low density foam sponge is generally what they use. If it's the top that's bothering you, I'd just get a low density foam cleaning sponge, available at any hardware store or Walmart, cut it to size and attach it using a spray adhesive on one side, or wrap electrical or duct tape around the ends to secure it. You could also get one of those padded units they sell at the auto parts stores for installing over the seatbelts to make them less bothersome and cut that down to the size you need it to be. It would wrap right around the headphone band and velco together on top.

Solution