Solved! What kind of OS is best for gaming

technovice

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
:bounce: I a top performing laptop. It will be used for recording music/cd, video editing/dvds, photos, webcam, microphone, it will also be used for college. I do not know what to purchase and what would be the best OS and most powerful long lasting battery. What should I purchase and from where?

Solution
OS is usually a matter of opinion might not be much help but..when you order a new comp gives you an option of getting vista and upgrading to windows 7 for a low price or free. XP is good for gaming but only good with 2gb of ram if you put 4 it will read but you wont see a difference. If you wanna see speed with your ram and also have better video since VISTA has DirectX10 id go with vista. I still use XP im happy with it but i like how vista looks, you could also wait for windows 7 to come out which beats all IMO. hope that helped

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
OS is usually a matter of opinion might not be much help but..when you order a new comp gives you an option of getting vista and upgrading to windows 7 for a low price or free. XP is good for gaming but only good with 2gb of ram if you put 4 it will read but you wont see a difference. If you wanna see speed with your ram and also have better video since VISTA has DirectX10 id go with vista. I still use XP im happy with it but i like how vista looks, you could also wait for windows 7 to come out which beats all IMO. hope that helped

Solution