Solved! What laptop has very good speakers, a very good keyboard, a very good screen, and is nice looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2021
Hello, I’m looking to buy a 15 inch laptop in the next few months. Which one would you recommend me with the following I’m looking at. I need 4K screen for films and tv series, great speakers to listen to music and videos. I work on Microsoft Word and Excel packages for my job and a great keyboard to type on. Thank you if you can help me

Solution
Nice looking is a pretty personal thing. Dell XPS is a good series to look at. 4k screen in a laptop is a bit of a waste though, for normal use you need to have it running at 150% zoom to see text well and for movies, on that small screen 1080 or 1440 and 4k you would need to really stare at it to see any difference.
Nice looking is a pretty personal thing. Dell XPS is a good series to look at. 4k screen in a laptop is a bit of a waste though, for normal use you need to have it running at 150% zoom to see text well and for movies, on that small screen 1080 or 1440 and 4k you would need to really stare at it to see any difference.

Solution

Greygeek

Prominent
Oct 23, 2021
Realistically, you'd probably be better off getting a lower res screen on the laptop itself, and working with your 4k video via an external (larger) monitor. As the previous post points out, a 4k resolution on small screens makes daily use for productivity more challenging due to tiny text size. Also, working with 4k video takes a huge amount of disc space, so the notion that you'd typically be sitting at a desk with a docked laptop, connected to external disc drives and a external monitor is not far-fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.